May 6, 2023 | 10am
THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT
Sign up to meet and receive critiques from top photo editors and photographers from The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, National Geographic and more.
You will have the chance to meet one-on-one for twenty minutes with 5 of the following reviewers:
• SAM BARZILAY, Creative Director & Co-Founder of Photoville
• NINA BERMAN, Columbia Journalism School & Photographer/Filmmaker
• MAÏA BOOKER, Photo Editor, The Wall Street Journal
• BEN BRODY, Director of Photography for GroundTruth & Report for America
• JIM ESTRIN, Photo Editor, The New York Times
• GAIL FLETCHER, Photo Editor, The Guardian
• JEFFREY FURTICELLA, Photo Editor, The New York Times
• ALICE GABRINER, Independent Editor/Coach
• NATALIA JIMENEZ, Photo Editor, The Washington Post
• KAREN MARSHALL, Chair of the Documentary Practice & Visual Journalism Program at The International Center of Photography
• SYLVIA KANG, Photo Editor, TIME
• MARIE MONTELEONE, Photo Editor, Bloomberg
• TIF NG, Magnum Foundation
• SIMONE SALVO, Artist & Visual Strategist
• ARIEL ZAMBELICH, Photo Editor, The Wall Street Journal
Space is limited and advance registration is required. Prior to the review, the BDC will ask you to submit your top choices for reviewers ranking from 1 to 10. We will do our best to match you to your first selections.
Throughout the day, you can relax and enjoy yourselves in the BDC’s intimate community garden. The BDC will also provide lunch by Xochimilco, the Bronx’s finest Mexican restaurant.
There are five scholarship spots available for Bronx-based photographers. To apply for the scholarship, please send the following to email@example.com:
• A short statement discussing your work and how the portfolio would be beneficial.
• 10 images from your work with captions. The images need to be lo-res .jpg files zipped in a folder with your name. The zipped folder should be attached to the email with your statement or sent via WeTransfer.
The scholarship application is due no later than 11PM on Wednesday, April 26th. Submissions received after this time will not be reviewed. Please note that the submissions will not be judged by BDC staff or volunteers; professional photo editors will be making the final decision. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
*CANCELLATION POLICY: No refunds if canceling within 7 days of the workshop. Cancellations before the 7-day period will receive a refund of the registration price, not including Eventbrite's service fee.
**Please note that all reviewers are working professionals. In the event of last-minute assignments or schedule changes, the BDC reserves the right to substitute reviewers.
Image: © Michael Young