Virtual Portfolio Review
Sep 25, 2021 | 10am
Get your work seen during 5 one-on-one virtual sessions with the industry’s top photo editors. Register today! The portfolio review will be held over two days. The ticket price covers both days. Schedules vary depending on reviewer selection:
Saturday, September 25th | 10AM-1PM
Sunday, September 26th | 10AM-1PM
Sign up to meet and get critiqued by the top photo editors and photographers from The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, National Geographic, Reuters and more.
You will have the chance to meet one-on-one in a virtual review for twenty minutes with 5 of the following reviewers:
- Nicole Acheampong, Aperture Foundation
- Sam Barzilay, Photoville
- Jackie Bates, The California Sunday Magazine
- Ben Brody, The GroundTruth Project
- Sandy Ciric, Getty Images
- Samantha Clark, National Geographic
- Katie Clifford, GOST Books
- Mike Davis, Independent
- James Estrin, The New York Times
- Gail Fletcher, National Geographic
- Jeffrey Furticella, The New York Times
- Noelle Flores-Theard, The New Yorker
- Jillian Kumagai, ProPublica
- Brent Lewis, The New York Times
- Karen Marshall, The International Center for Photography
- Marie Monteleone, Bloomberg
Maridelis Morales Rosado, NY Magazine
- Corinne Perkins, Reuters
- Meghan Peterson, The Wall Street Journal
- Emma Raynes, Magnum Foundation
- Simone Salvo, Independent
- Amanda Webster, The New York Times
- Ariel Zambelich, The Wall Street Journal
and more to come soon!
*Space is limited and advance registration is required.
Prior to the review, the BDC will ask you to submit your top 10 choices for reviewers. We will do our best to match you with your selections.
Application Deadline: Friday, September 3rd, 2021
There are five scholarship spots available for Bronx-based photographers. This scholarship is generously made possible by FUJIFILM. To apply for the scholarship, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• A short statement discussing your work, how the portfolio review would be beneficial
• 10 images from any body of work with captions
The images need to be lo-res .jpg files zipped in a folder with your name. The zipped folder should be attached to the email with your statement or sent via WeTransfer.
The scholarship application is due no later than Friday, September 3rd, 2021 (11:59PM). Submissions received after this time will not be reviewed. Please note these submissions will not be judged by BDC staff or volunteers; professional photo editors will be making the final decision. Please email info(at)bronxdoc.org if you have any questions.