We're Hiring | Education Program Assistant
Part-Time Education Program Assistant
Applications accepted on a rolling basis through September 19, 2021.
As a part-time position, the Education Program Assistant will support the Education Manager and BJPL College Success Counselor in coordinating the Bronx Junior Photo League programs and assisting with exhibition-related education.
The Education Program Assistant reports to the Education Manager.
Commitment of 24 hours per week is required. Due to changing/flexible needs of BDC, it is understood that additional hours may be required, and from time-to-time, flexibility in arrival and departure time may occur.
The Education Program Assistant will be responsible for the following:
• Assist as-needed in BJPL classes (in-person and virtual), workshops, and field trips, and with various administrative duties.
• Meet with the Education Manager weekly.
• Participate in meetings and training with BDC staff.
• Assist Education Manager and BJPL College Success Counselor with coordinating BJPL programming, including artist talks and college success workshops.
• Coordinate with students and their families for BJPL programming.
• Create, collect, and archive all program-related documents (eg. consent forms, evaluations, college success worksheets) and maintain the BJPL
student database for both the general program and college success work.
• Maintain the BJPL student portal and calendar with weekly updates.
• Collect visuals for and plan BJPL social media posts; 1 Instagram post per week is required.
• Ensure materials needed for classes are ready each week. This includes, but is not limited to, equipment (cameras and laptops), transportation
needs, and food.
• Maintain organization of student work on server and Google Drive.
• Assist with BJPL mid-year and year-end presentations, which will take place outside of usual work hours.
• Assist with BJPL staff training and debriefs throughout the year.
• Assist with exhibition-related education, in both creating curricula and coordinating exhibition visits.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• The Education Program Assistant should possess the following qualifications:
• COVID-19 vaccination is required for all BDC staff
• Commitment to youth development and community building
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Energetic and collaborative personality with self-starter approach to work
• Proficiency with Google Drive
• Experience with Adobe software (Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere, etc) is preferred
• Proficiency with Spanish language is preferred
• Proficiency with remote learning and remote learning platforms such as Zoom
The Education Program Assistant earns $18 an hour.
How to Apply:
Please email a resume, cover letter, and references to Education Manager Bianca Farrow at email@example.com.
Bronx Documentary Center (BDC) is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to social justice. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community and other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply.